The Be Mindful program is run by Wellmind Health who are committed to ensuring that this web-based program is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of the program; and in doing so, adhere where appropriate to many of the available standards and guidelines. We want everyone who participates in the program, to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
The program has been built using the fifth revision of the HTML markup language (HTML5) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), compliant with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards. The program displays correctly in current browsers, using standards compliant HTML/CSS code, which means any future browsers will also display correctly.
The program follows the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We've chosen Level AAA as the target for the Be Mindful web-based program.
Areas for improvement
We know some parts of the web-based program are not fully accessible (i.e. do not meet 'AAA' level WCAG2.1):
- There are a few instances where form controls are not labelled or described correctly for all screen-readers.
- There are occasions where the heading structure skips levels, e.g. jumps from (h1) to (h3) without any (h2) headings.
- We often don't use ARIA landmarks to identify regions of a page.
- Not all links meet AAA colour contrast requirements.
- Horizontal scrollbar can sometimes appear at very narrow display widths.
- Due to limitations of our platform's form field rendering approach some form elements exist, hidden within some pages with non-unique ids.
We endeavour to adhere to the accepted guidelines for accessibility and usability and are working hard to achieve our goal of Level AAA accessibility.
How to report an accessibility problem
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of the program. If you find any issues not listed on this page or think we're not meeting the accessibility standards we describe, we'd like to hear from you in any of the following ways:
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on: +44 (0)1273 325136
- Get in touch at: https://www.bemindfulonline.com/contact
We respond within 2 working days to help overcome reported accessibility problems.
If unsatisfied with our help
If after working with us to satisfy your accessibility requirements; we can offer you alternatives to the web-based program, such as course modules in braille or delivered face-to-face by video or audio conference.
The Be Mindful program is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
This accessibility statement was prepared and reviewed on 18th May 2023 after testing of the web application.